Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A Little About Myself

Chris Selig
I am a senior at San Francisco State University. My Major is Industrial Design with an emphasis on Visual Communication. My passion in life is video games, and to a certain degree, interactive media in general. Ever since the first time I pressed the "A" button and made Mario jump, I knew that this was something special. I have been an avid gamer ever since. When I play games that are designed with a focus on art and story I sincerely feel that this craft of creating whole worlds and characters that people interact with is something that I want to do. I have also always had an interest in photography, digital art, 3d design, and graphic design, and to combine these interests with my passion would be a dream come true.

There are certain influences in my life that have guided me towards this particular path. First of which is my Dad. He is a computer engineer, a UC Berkley graduate, and the CEO of a small company in Silicon Valley. Because of his work, I was always around computers growing up, which has contributed to the fact that I am quite comfortable and competent with them. My best friend's Dad has also been a major influence to me. He is a successful graphic designer and digital artist. He first introduced me to the process of creating art on a computer (both 2d and 3d). When I was young I would spend hours rendering 3d nature scenes using two programs he gave me called Vistapro and Bryce.

Whether economic, social, or racial, video games are a medium that cross many barriers. People all around the world play all the same games, connect with the same characters, and learn the same stories. In fact, people around the world play games with and against one another no matter how far apart they may be. My aspirations in life are simple: I want to design video games that entertain, educate and inspire people around the world.

If I had to choose six words to describe myself they would be:
  1. Demiurgic
  2. Assertive
  3. Loyal
  4. Exuberant
  5. Resourceful
  6. Sensitive

No comments:

Post a Comment